Monday, June 25, 2012

Unit 10: Professional Application of the Psychological and Spiritual Aspects of Healing

     Looking back in my Unit 3 rating of my physical well-being, I scored myself at a 9. Since I don't believe I will be completely and utterly happy about my physical self, I will still rate myself at a 9. I have not been able to commit to running every single day, which was a goal of mine, but I hope to be able to accomplish that for the future. I do, however, still make a huge effort to get some sort of physical activity/exercise done each day. Still looking into completing the half marathon at the end of this year, so that is my constant goal I will continue to work towards.
     For my spiritual rating, I rated it a 5, and now I feel comfortable rating it a 7. I have been making it a point to attend church, although not making every Sunday, but doing better than I had been a couple months ago. I am really trying to prioritize my time and put Sunday service as very high on my priority list. I think it is very important to encourage and show my children they should be going to church also. I want them to have a sense of faith, however, as they get older I will not force them to do so, but I will still encourage.
     As far as my psychological well-being, I rated it at a 7 before and now I would rate it an 8. I have been able to do a lot more meditation practices since starting this class. I can really feel a difference in my mood, attitude, spirit, etc. I don't always feel so stressed and bogged down like I did before. I have made it a point to give myself the free time and alone time that I deserve and need through out the day. I never let myself take my own time, but now that I can see how much meditation practices really do make a difference and improve in reducing my stresses. So I will definitely continue to practice meditation even after this class is over.
     I think I have definitely improved in my overall well-being while taking this class. It has been rewarding for me to learn that I need to be able to set aside time for myself otherwise I get too stressed, then usually end up getting sick because I'm so worn out. I really enjoy being able to do meditation for myself because I have seen such an improvement in my everyday life. Although it was quite difficult in the beginning, being able to set time aside just for me, but I have figured out how to do so now, and I am happy to say it's gotten a lot easier for me to take my "me" time. Now that I am able to really reduce my stresses, through exercise and physical activity, meditation, eating right, and church I will be able to help and show others how to do the same thing. With my own personal experiences and positive life changes, I can give other people information and knowledge in how to do so in their own lives also, and that in itself is a great thing because I want to be able to make a difference in other peoples lives too.

Thanks for reading!
Kristin Croake

3 comments:

  1. Kristin,
    Congratulations on your accomplishments. Moving from a self rating of 5 to a self rating of 7 in only 7 weeks is wonderful. I am curious what exactly causes you to consider yourself at a 7 versus a 5. You stated that you are going to church more regularly. Is this practice making you feel more spiritually healthy? Do you feel you are able to act with kindness and compassion more?
    Moving from a 7 to 8 in the psychological area is also an accomplishment. I am glad that meditation is working for you and that you are feeling less stressed. Stress management is so crucial in these times.
    And keep up the good work in the physical department. I’m sure that your motivation and success in this area gave you the confidence that you could succeed in making change in other areas.
    Good luck to you and I hope to see you in future classes.
    Sacha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to congratulate you on acknowledging you need your time to yourself, "me" time as you had termed it. It makes such a difference to seclude yourself and take care of those things for your own self-care. And I understand how difficult it can be when the wolrd is clamoring for you to help them, sometimes the guilt imparted from not being there for others can be overwhelming, but then who is going to take care of you if not yourself?

    Good luck to you and keep running!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kristin,

    It is so great that your physical well-being score is so high. I wish I could find the strength to run. I am more of a walker and have never been good at running. Marathons are a great way to get more exercise because you have to train so much for them. It is also great that you spiritual rating has increased. I am also trying to attend church more often. It is great that your not as stressed anymore. The last week of classes can be stressful but you made it! This class was great for our overall well-being. It is great that you improved. I feel like I have also. Great job with your blog and your future.

    Tabatha

    ReplyDelete